At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Technical Services First Line Manager
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
• The job requires balancing the constant search for new improved ways of working, together with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
• The consistent adoption of structured target setting and performance management processes
• Constantly drive to ensure responsibility and accountability within the day to day operations of the team.
• Ensure full flexibility within the team to meet existing and future business needs. Including shifting schedule to ensure outage work is managed, prioritized and executed effectively
• Develop all individuals on team through personal development plans, one to one evaluations, and effective open and honest feedback.
• Strong communication skills: Effectively communicate out across all shifts and departments the maintenance priorities and resolution to key issues.
• Ensure effective communication and co-ordination across a wide geographical department
• Strong ability to troubleshoot existing systems, identify operational problems as well as design problems and effect correct remedial actions. Use of system trending to analyze data is a must.
• Candidate must be a self starter and be able to see and set long term goals for the brewing department, define steps needed to reach those goals, and execute the plan.
• Candidate must be familiar with maintenance practices, and understanding pumping operations. Knowledge of brewing process and maintenance is preferred.
• Candidate must be able to prioritize customer department maintenance requests and make effective use of planning resources to deliver a strong maintenance plan for daily operations while simultaneously building a sustainable long term maintenance plan around critical equipment.
• Action and accomplish work through direct reports (focused day team) and indirect reports (shift teams) in order to achieve a common goal.
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Volume throughput per day/week/month: tbc
• Product mix: No of SKUs, etc
• Departmental Financial targets
• Quality targets and achievement of optimum internal and external department SLA’s
Key Tasks / Accountabilities:
• Manages, maintains and monitors maintenance delivery to the site
• Provides guidance for troubleshooting and emergency response activities
• Manages work orders for emergency work carried out
• Responsible for resource utilization and planning for major overhauls, all aspects of planning and scheduling of vendors and craftsmen
• Assists brewing and packaging maintenance managers in development of long range maintenance plan
• Manages technicians working hours
• Recommends and advises on Preventive Maintenance inspections
• Recommends and advises the ordering of required parts
• Supports continuous improvement and root cause analysis processes
• Manages housekeeping within his area
• Participates in Maintenance budgeting and financial tracking
• Interfaces with external suppliers as required
• Assists with capital projects as required
• Ensures area maintenance shops and surrounding areas are maintained
• Manages EHS for area according to EHS guidelines
• Contributes to the identification of improvement plans as reviewed during the daily, weekly and monthly meetings processes
• Report all relevant team KPIs as defined through the MCRS process (eg maintenance plan attainment, PM ratio, backlog, etc..)
• Motivates the team to achieve departmental KPIs as required
• Training plans regularly reviewed for all staff – appropriate records maintained accordingly
• Walk the floor – lead by example, positively challenge under-performance, reinforce good behaviours
• Celebrate success – work collaboratively to develop appropriate recognition policies for the site
• Actively seek feedback and monitor progress against plans
• Ensure staff are motivated to achieve high standards of performance within department
• Ensures cost optimization across all areas of the department
• Follows up on innovation activities from the team
• Executes tasks as identified in the role’s checklist
• Performance Management & compliance with site procedures
• Drives accountability for actions down into team