Purpose of the Job
To stabilize and play a key part in Global Export/Import Transport Planning organizational set-up in Prague. Capture confirmed and released orders, plan the transportation according to the Incoterms and transport data to ensure the delivery of the goods according to the customer’s request. In order to complete the transportation planning, the transport planner will contact transport providers and warehouses. Optimize / standardize processes for NA zone. Full responsibility of all Export loaded and shipped from Canada and US(North America zone). Support implementation for KPI process improvements.
• Work in a quick changing environment
• Work in not fully aligned and developed work environment
• Intensive use of e-mail for communication
• Intensive use of SFDC, SAP ERP and DDMS order systems and other homemade systems
• Export specifics for countries over the whole world
Key contacts (internal – external)
• Control Tower team
• Order taking
• Front Office team
• AB InBev country organizations
• Master data team
• Inventory deployment teams
• Warehouses, breweries
• Transport companies
• KPI: Big impact on CWC, Service Level, VLC, freshness,
• Support set-up of new organization of Global Import/Export team in Prague.
• Support testing of new tool and interfaces as part of project Connect roll-out
• Capture confirmed and released orders from order takers/inventory deployment with a confirmed loading or delivery date
• Analyze the order to determine the transport needs for trucks or containers (hand-stuffed or not), loading dates/timeslot according to Incoterms, shipping dates and vessels.
• Based on the Incoterms and customer master data, define for which orders have to be planned for self-pick up or delivery
• Inform the pickup customers regarding the first possible loading date
• Determine the transport company to use, based on transport database and procurement advice.
• Communicate instructions to the transport company (or download automatically to transport company) with confirmation on containers, vessels, sea freight instructions and order references.
• Complete the loading plan and send it to the local warehouse for execution.
• Ability to support other team members in operational issues (e.g.: customer and transportation company request)
• Providing first level assistance in case Supervisor is not available
• Shared responsibility with Supervisor for resolving key operational issues in the team
• New-comers training
• Support to structural improvements (PDCA & Risk Management follow-up) & projects
• SLA & PI tracking support
• Solving escalations between NA and delivering zones
• Support crisis management in case of stock availability, transport issues, frozen beer, cross dock issues etc.