At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Primary purpose and function of position:
Reporting directly to the Brewing Manager, you will take full responsibility for the day to day KPI reporting, management and ongoing development of the shift teams. Essentially the key deliverables will be safety, quality, production, “Better World”, maintenance and budgets. Your ability to train, influence, inspire and motivate the team to create and drive a high performance, improvement culture is key to success in this role.This job description and the job title Brewing First Line Manager is not necessarily descriptive of all duties and does not restrict flexibility. You may be required, from time to time, to carry out tasks in addition to or instead of your normal duties, either for the Company or for AB InBev, provided that they are reasonable and within your capabilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans production schedule for brewhouse, fermentation & aging area and filtration area to meet packaging and quality needs and to optimize manpower operation
- Ensures performance as per related daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and communicates corrective actions to corresponding meetings
- Responsible for the maintenance cost performance in Brewing
- Complies to EHS, quality and HACCP standards
- Leads the SOP auditing process with the operators using the operational work diagnosis (OWD) process, and ensures this is properly planned using the OWD planning process
- Carries out troubleshooting with maintenance department to insure root cause correction. Identifies and executes proper process adjustments when required
- Improves energy/utilities consumption performance
- Ensures accuracy of raw and auxiliary material cycle counts under his responsibility
- Participates in weekly maintenance to define work orders priority and equipment availability
- Schedules and orders material (to be relocated in procurement group)
- Ensures that brewing area is maintained (House Keeping / 5S)
- Executes tasks as dictated by the role's checklist to be validated by superior
People Leadership, Management & Development
- Leads the shift handover meetings to a high standard
- Participates in daily, weekly, and monthly brewing meetings
- Guarantees a safe workplace for everyone
- Attendance Management (sickness, holidays…)
- Clearly identifies the training requirements of the team and puts action plans in place to address
- Coaches team members, giving feedback and assessing individual performance
- Actively seeks feedback and monitors progress against plans
- Launches improvement proposals and motivates the team
- Manages union relationships
- Motivates the team to achieve departmental KPI’s as required
AB InBev is a proactive FMCG company. The business needs to respond rapidly to changes in market conditions, customer and competitor activity in order to remain successful. This brings about rapid change in priorities often with little or no notice. Even in normal conditions the business itself is extremely fast moving and priorities change on a day to day basis. The operation of the Brewing department brings its own complexity in terms of process technology, employee communications and in ensuring a consistency in the application of management policies and procedures across all areas.