Position Title: Electrical Engineering Operator Technician
Company/Division: Magor Brewery
Role base: Magor
Primary purpose and function of position:
Reporting directly to
the Packaging First Line Manager (FLM), you will be part of the multi-skilled
shift team that will be responsible for delivering the operational Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) whilst planning and undertaking maintenance and
hygiene tasks. You will also be expected to carry out fault finding and
maintenance tasks to help maintain and improve the efficiency and reliability
of the plant.
This job description
and the job title Packaging Electrical
Engineering Operator Technician is not necessarily descriptive of all
duties and does not restrict flexibility. You may be required, from time to
time, to carry out tasks in addition to or instead of your normal duties, either
for the brewery or for AB InBev, provided that they are reasonable and
within your capabilities.
Principal Duties and
- Monitor plant performance, focusing on Gross Line Yield (GLY) and material losses.
- Full responsibility for the operation – including safety, quality, performance –, fault finding and maintenance of all equipment.
- Comply with health, safety, hygiene and 5S standards policies and practices at all times and ensure standards are maintained
- Record all maintenance activities within the maintenance management system (SAP)
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and learning documents to share best practices across shifts.
- Develop and review safety and maintenance procedures (SWI).
- Develop and maintain a high performance, flexible and “can do” culture
- Attend and participate in daily meetings as a key team member
- Comply with all statutory and legal requirements and with appropriate packaging, quality and food hygiene safety regulations as defined by policy or legislation e.g. HACCP
- Comply with all housekeeping, cleaning and 5S requirements
- Ensure that internal and external customers are serviced in an efficient manner to the standard specified e.g. right quantity / right time
- Undertake activities to support the department in achieving KPI targets
- Undertake activities to support Voyager Plant Optimisation (VPO) compliance and sustainability
- Undertake, drive and support improvement activities to ensure the department meets all of its KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), such as Short Interval Control (SIC)
- Undertake training for new skills and tasks in line with Personal Development Plans and as requested by Management
- Comply with all documentation and system transaction requirements to operate and improve performance in the department.