At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Category Buyer is responsible for implementing strategies for PSS approved categories via strategic sourcing initiatives and optimization projects, as well as tracking and giving guidelines to the purchases performed by the Spot Buy team for related category. The role negotiates PO’s and implements contracts for specific categories ensuring benefits in service levels, quality, price, etc.
The key accountabilities for this role include but are not restricted to:
Strategic Category Sourcing
• Define & execute category strategy and risk mitigation plans
• Define category risk assessment
• Execute strategic sourcing initiatives with multifunctional teams (SMEs, Global and Regional Procurement)
• Manage supplier relationship and develop collaborative initiatives
• Validate and approve analysis of categories and market analysis
• Generate savings
• Identify suppliers meeting business requirements
• Negotiate with suppliers and select the best option
• Review, sign and ensure implementation of negotiated contracts/PO’s
• Resolve outstanding contract/PO issues and claims
• Complete contract termination requests & submit for approval
• Consolidate contracts locally as well as across countries
• Assure timely contract renewal and manage/plan contract expiration dates
• Drive/maintain highest automation levels
• Drive spend coverage via Procurement
• Drive proper/transparent contracting/purchasing methods
• Propose a Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
• Request vendor or material data cleansing
• Escalate issues to Sourcing and Spot Buy Lead
The creation of a new operating model will transform ABI Procurement Function towards a much higher level of centralization at Regional level. This will require a high level of client satisfaction and efficiency at Regional level.
The Category Buyer role is responsible to develop and manage its Category. This role is responsible since sourcing strategy until contract management. The Category Buyer plays a very important role in order to drive continuous improvement to its Category.
SCOPE OF ROLE
• The Category Buyer is responsible for Strategic Sourcing of his Category in Regional, executing sourcing initiatives
• The Category Buyer ensures contract management
• Drives continuous improvement in the Region. Responsible to identify risks and develop category mitigation plans
• Category Buyers and Junior Category Buyers
• Sourcing and Spot Buy Lead
• Category Managers
• PO Management Lead and Specialists
• Sourcing Support Lead and Specialists
• Content & IT Management Lead and Specialists