At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
We would like to invite you to be part of our talent community for future opportunities at AB InBev!
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
UK Control Manager
1.Purpose of the Job
This is a high profile and technically challenging role. The role reports to Control and Tax Director and will involve significant exposure to the local BBP Director and BU head, as well as Zone Control and Tax.
The Finance Control Manager is responsible for managing accounting and reporting activities for the AB InBev Group companies in the UK, according to internal /external accounting and reporting standards. This includes overseeing the operational activities performed to close the books on a regular periodic cycle and consolidating all the financial data as dictated by global and local regulatory and statutory reporting.
The role is also to manage the relationship with the GCC in Bangalore to ensure that all control and tax related processes are conducted efficiently and accurately.
- The job requires balancing a sustained implementation of agreed ways of working with a search for new and improved methods and processes.
- Ensuring effective delivery of all finance requirements to zone and global finance teams, which centres on supporting the BSC team.
- Adherence to all legal requirements (both UK legislation and IFRS)
- Developing a strong control environment, ensuring adherence to policies and accounting regulations.
- 11 UK companies – mixture of active, dormant and holding companies
- Total UK responsibility (all dimensions/functions)
- Annual turnover c£2bn, total assets £1bn
- Reporting under IFRS and FRS 101
- Authorized (and final) signatory of statutory accounts (local fiscal filings) and group reporting requirements
- Compliance according to AB InBev policies, Minimum Internal Controls and FEP
- Internal & External Audit reports
Key contacts: (internal – external)
- Zone Finance Control and Tax Director
- UK Finance Control team – 3 direct reports (UK Reporting Manager, Statutory Accounts and Internal Control Manager, BU West Cash Flow Manager)
- Zone Control and Tax teams
- BSC teams (ATR, OTC, PTP, Procurement)
- BU West Directors and BU head
- Internal and External Auditors
- Regulatory bodies (HMRC)
- Pension providers and trustees