At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Primary purpose and function of position
Reporting to the Packaging Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Packaging team’s daily and weekly activities in order to meet the department’s KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for internal and external customer requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring premium service and product quality at optimum cost, through conformance to the agreed ways of working.
This job description and the job title Packaging First Line Manager is not necessarily descriptive of all duties and does not restrict flexibility. You may be required, from time to time, to carry out tasks in addition to or instead of your normal duties, either for the Company or for AB InBev, provided that they are reasonable and within your capabilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Management of Packaging Operations
- Takes ownership for balancing the constant search for new improved ways of working with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
- Ensures effective communication and co-ordination across a wide geographical department
- Adheres to packaging and production schedules to meet quality and demand needs and to optimise manpower operation
- Ensures performance as per related daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and communicates corrective actions to corresponding meetings
- Contributes to the identification of improvement plans as reviewed during the daily, weekly and monthly meeting processes
- Reports all relevant KPI’s as defined through the MCRS process e.g. plan attainment, losses, OEE, LEF, Productivity, energy, utilities etc.
- Actively seeks feedback and monitors progress against plans
- Carries out trouble shooting with the maintenance department to drive root cause correction, and identifies and executes proper process adjustments when required
- Participates in the daily, weekly and monthly departmental meetings and all other meetings as per MCRS
Development of a strong and cohesive team
- Actively and consistently adopts structured target setting and performance management processes
- Constantly drives to ensure responsibility and accountability are incorporated and enforced at the lowest level within the day to day operations of the team
- Ensures flexibility within the team to meet current and future needs of the business
- Manages and develops his people and team
- Walks the floor, leads by example, positively challenges under-performance, reinforces good behaviours
- Motivates the team to achieve departmental KPI’s and deliver high standards of performance
- Manages people on all topics i.e. shift handover meetings, training needs, union relationships, individual performance, one on one sessions, coaching, innovation programmes and team motivation
- Celebrates successes, and works collaboratively to develop appropriate recognition policies for the site
- Manages shift rotas, including arranging cover for absent employees on the next shift
- Takes ownership for performance management and compliance with disciplinary procedures
- Manages the tracking of time and attendance for the shift
Management of Environment, Health & Safety and Quality Processes
- Complies to E&S, quality and HACCP standards
- Addresses safety concerns and incidents within the department
- Promotes safe working practices
- Ensures compliance with all company and legal obligations and helps to create SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Takes ownership for adherence to processes within the area e.g. SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) and health and safety performance
- Manages team compliance to ES, quality and HACCP standards
- Ensures the highest levels of compliance to 5S criteria inside their areas of responsibility
Control of cost, budget and resources
- Shares accountability in the maintenance and utility cost performance across the department
- Improves energy / utilities consumption performance
- Makes sure that reliable consumption data is recorded in the system
- Performs cycle counts and investigates deviations in the inventory levels
- Assists with capital projects as required
- Ensure cost optimisation across all areas of the department