At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
VLC Cat. Buyer Transport
Category Buyer is responsible for development of European Category and Sourcing Strategies for assigned scope and implementation of them via strategic sourcing projects and other non-sourcing initiatives.
Category Buyer should apply business policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Category and Sourcing Management methodology.
- The key accountabilities for this role include but are not restricted to:
- Category Strategic
- Define & execute European Category Strategy and Category roadmap;
- Participate in development of global category strategies and support their execution;
- Provide information for global/cross-zone sourcing streams and implement global and zone contracts;
- Lead and execute strategic/tactical sourcing projects (see details below);
- Manage supplier relationship and develop category Supplier Relationship Management (SRM);
- Collaborate with functional budget owners and work closely with the Category Manager, Procurement Shared Services, Global Procurement Office and other relevant stakeholders;
- Maximize value for the Company through each initiative;
- Monitor Category and contracts performance, price variance and take appropriate corrective actions when needed;
- Participate in Category budgeting process
- Identify internal needs/requirements
- Explore market and engage suppliers
- Run RFI/RFP/RFQ/e-auctions/F2F negotiations
- Develop business award scenarios and final recommendation
- Review, sign and ensure implementation of negotiated contracts
- Resolve outstanding contract/PO issues and claims
- Complete contract termination requests & submit for approval
- Consolidate contracts locally as well as across countries
- Assure timely contract renewal and manage/plan contract expiration dates
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Challenge existing ways of working in order to improve procurement results and efficiency, delivering procurement targets;
- Understand and follow global and zone governance – policies and procedures. Suggest improvement opportunities;
- Track procurement results of the assigned area of responsibility and translate into reporting structures;
- Increase Procurement coverage of the spend (where relevant);
- Drive proper/transparent contracting/purchasing methods;
- Identify, initiate and co-manage value engineering efforts, innovation projects with internal teams and external organizations;
- Support any procurement specific project (supplier portal, excellence program, etc.).