At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
IT On-Site Support Engineer
The On Site Support engineer (OSS engineer) is an active point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance and require “in person” interventions for IT problems.
In addition each OSS engineer owns the local IT footprint for the resp. geographical scope, which includes e.g. server rooms, technical rooms, meeting rooms, input/output devices (e.g. Printers, Scanners), workplace assets and various others. This ownership also includes necessary maintenance and preventive interventions, in alignment with activities of the Business Unit IT Operations Manager.
The job holder performs troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques, available knowledge management sources, relevant questions and if required also deep dive analysis.
The job holder is required to build case competency across multiple technical areas, mostly workplace (Windows, Virtual Desktop, peripheral technologies), within our application landscape, as well as other core IT areas, such as network, voice, video, collaboration and printing. This is to enable and deliver a competent, fast and useful assistance to internal customers, either resolving the case or being able to advise how to solve the case.
The job holder is expected to come with a high level of curiosity to learn various technology areas, combined with a customer service experience mindset to deliver a high customer satisfaction service.
The OSS agent will be part of a multi-language IT team with a diverse technology background and area of expertise for individual agents.
Main characteristics: (Challenges)
- Work in a quick changing environment
- Work in an IT Organization that has been outsourced to 3rd party vendors to a large extent.
- Work in an IT Organization with high number of legacy solutions
- Daily interaction within a virtual organization spread across Europe, India and other off-shore locations.
Key contacts: (internal – external)
- Internal: Employees across all seniority levels, Solutions Service Managers & Performance Managers; BU Solutions Managers & IT Operations Manager
- External: Infrastructure and Application Service Providers (including, but not limited: Capgemini, Accenture, Orange, Infosys, Lexmark)
- First point of contact for all customers in need for technical assistance that cannot be resolved remotely
- Perform remote troubleshooting or walk the customer through the problem solving process
- Perform resolution on priority before case re-direction to other teams
- Identify and apply the best solution based on issue and details
- Direct cases that cannot be resolved directly to correct next level of support teams
- Translate technical information correctly to customers, whereas maintaining accurate information on details for other IT teams
- Recording of information, events, problems, etc. in the resp. resolution logs
- Identify and suggest possible improvements or automations on procedures
- Preventive maintenance of geographical scope IT assets, e.g. meeting room equipment, printers
- Proactive Stock monitoring and management of various IT Assets
- Assist the IT Operations Manager in the administration and operation of the IT Infrastructure