At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Spot Buyer, Transport
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Spot Buyer is responsible for day-to-day buying of non-strategic and strategic scopes. This role ensures that we buy in time for the right price and quality within our SLA’s.
The Spot Buyer will
- Prioritize purchase requests to assure business continuity
- Timely process, track and report the purchase requests
- Seek alignment with end users
The key accountabilities for this role include but are not restricted to:
- Manage local purchase requisitions per defined strategies
- Review instructions from/with Category Buyers/Manager
- Verify purchase request quality and correct buying channel
- Align with end users on missing specification
- Clarify user requirements relating to free-text (one-time purchases)
- Generate savings
- Execute Spot Buys
- Identify suppliers for specific need or categories
- Utilize properly SAP
- Conduct RFQ and e-Auction
- Analyse results, negotiate and select supplier
- Create/amend contract and convert PR into PO, if required
- General Activities
- Support analysis requests, supplier enablement and contract administration for owned categories
- Resolve workflow issues with price/quantity mismatches
- Support end user with assisted buying including educating the user on buying channels
- Escalate issues to Implementation Lead
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Challenge existing ways of working in order to improve procurement results and efficiency, delivering procurement targets;
- Understand and follow global and zone governance – policies and procedures. Suggest improvement opportunities;
- Track procurement results of the assigned area of responsibility and translate into reporting structures;
- Drive proper/transparent contracting/purchasing methods;
- Support any procurement specific project (supplier portal, excellence program, etc.).
SCOPE OF ROLE
- The Spot Buyer covers the day-to-day buying of non-strategic and strategic directions, such as transport shipments and/or ad-hoc logistics support activities
- The Spot Buyer will ensure spot buying is processed at optimal cost and that is reported in an accurately and timely manner
- The Spot Buyer ensures that SLAs with the business are being met and support all improvement initiatives and strategies
- Category Buyers and Junior Category Buyers
- Implementation Lead
- Category Managers
- PO Management Lead and Specialists
- Transport Specialists
- Transport Planning teams