At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Category Buyer Packaging RAU
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Buyer implements European procurement strategies and sourcing initiatives, and optimization of projects for the procurement of regional packaging materials.
The Buyer is the Key liaison between local country Supply Chain, Breweries and Global and European Procurement
The key accountabilities for this role include but are not restricted to:
- Actively contribute to Global, European & Local Procurement strategies for Packaging Materials in EU
- Implement Global & European Categories in WEZ
- The source for Local Categories in WEZ
- Provide input on local supply market, demands and forecasts
- Monitor contract performance and take appropriate corrective actions where needed
- Challenge existing ways of working in order to improve procurement results and efficiency
- Identify, initiate and co-manage value engineering and design to value efforts in WEZ
- Identify and realize potential procurement savings
- Track procurement results in WEZ and translate into reporting structures
- Lead E-auctions
- Enhancing positive cash flow
- Continuous Improvement
- Drive/maintain highest automation levels
- Drive spend coverage via Procurement
- Drive proper/transparent contracting/purchasing methods
- Request vendor or material data cleansing
- Escalate issues to Sourcing and Spot Buy Lead
- Calculation and implementation of Category Budgets
Strategic Category Sourcing
- Define & execute category strategy and risk mitigation plans
- Execute strategic sourcing
- Manage supplier relationship and develop collaborative initiatives
- Generate savings through price initiatives and collaboration on Value Engineering Initiatives
- Identify suppliers meeting business requirements
- Negotiate with suppliers and select the best options
- Review, sign and ensure implementation of negotiated contracts and SLAs
- Resolve outstanding contract/PO issues and claims
- Complete contract termination requests & submit for approval
- Consolidate contracts locally as well as across countries
- Assure timely contract renewal and manage/plan contract expiration dates
The creation of a new operating model will transform ABI Procurement Function towards a much higher level of centralization at Regional level. This will require a high level of client satisfaction and efficiency at Regional level.
The Category Buyer role is responsible to develop and manage its Category(ies). This role is responsible from sourcing strategy, PO creation until contract management. The Category Buyer plays a very important role in order to drive continuous improvement to its Category(ies) and acts as a right hand to the Category Manager.
- Category Manager, Category Buyers and Junior Category Buyers
- Category Directors and Global Procurement Managers and Directors
- Technical Experts across the scope of the Category(ies)
- Price Performance Management and Control